The Bottom Line
- Even, high heat from 4 stainless steel burners
- Quality construction with double layer stainless steel for insulation
- Strong Warranty and support from Weber
- Attractive Design
- Brushed stainless steel finish won't show marks as easily
- No Rotisserie burner, and Rotisserie kit is extra
- Handle light is more gimmick than useful
- Four 12,200 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 538 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 650 square inches
- 48,800 BTU output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Double layer stainless steel hood with built in thermometer
- On knob piezoelectric igniter for individual burner ignition
- 304 stainless steel, cast aluminum and steel frame construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates and "flavorizer" bars
- Handle mounted 3-LED battery powered grill light
- LP tank and cover not included. Made in the United States by Weber
Guide Review - Weber Summit S-420
This unit comes with a handle mounted, battery powered grill light that I find to be more gimmick that practical. If you want a light that will tell you where the chops are on the grill, this will do the job. If you need a light that will show you the color change on shrimp you might be a little hard pressed to see that with this light. I cute feature, and the only real gimmick to this grill.
All in all this is a great grill. Even people who don't like Weber as a company have trouble complaining about this one. If you are serious about grilling and want a grill that will last you a long time, then this is the unit for you.
While you pay for the Weber name, they are the only company that will give you 24/7 support 364 days a years. They also have a great reputation for service. This grill is also available in natural gas.