The Bottom Line
- Even, high heat from 6 stainless steel main burners
- Ultra full function grill with smoker box, side burner, rotisserie and sear burner
- Quality construction
- Strong Warranty and support from Weber
- Brushed stainless steel finish won't show marks as easily
- Handle light is more gimmick than useful
- Six 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 624 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 769 square inches
- 60,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 10,600 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full kit
- 10,600 BTU dedicated sear burner
- 8,000 BTU smoker burner with stainless steel smoker box
- Double layer stainless steel hood with built in thermometer
- (Lighted) knob piezoelectric igniters for individual burner ignition
- 304 stainless steel, cast aluminum and steel frame construction with stainless steel cooking grates and barrier
Guide Review - Weber Summit S-670
Weber makes grills that produce great heat, for less fuel and provide a professional level of even heat in cooking. This unit will do pretty much everything you would want a gas grill to do (rotisserie kit optional) from searing a steak to indirectly cooking a turkey.
This unit comes with a handle mounted, battery powered grill light that I find to be more gimmick that practical. If you want a light that will tell you where the chops are, this will do the job. If you need a light that will show you the color change on shrimp you might be a little hard pressed to see that with this light. This is cute feature, and the only real gimmick to this grill.
This grill features Weber's tuck-away rotisserie system that mounts the motor on a drop down platform in the side table and gives you space to store the rod and forks in the cabinet.
All in all this is a great grill. Even people who don't like Weber as a company have trouble complaining about this one. If you are serious about grilling and want a great grill that will last you a long time, then this is the unit for you.
While you pay for the Weber name, they are the only company that will give you 24/7 support 364 days a years. They also have a great reputation for service. This grill is also available in natural gas.
Don't need the sear burner? Try the Weber Summit S-650.