The Bottom Line
- Even, high heat from 4 stainless steel burners
- Quality construction with double layer stainless steel for insulation
- Strong Warranty and support from Weber
- Brushed stainless steel finish won't show marks as easily
- Handle light is more gimmick than useful
- Limited work space
- Four 12,200 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 538 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 650 square inches
- 48,800 BTU output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 10,600 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with tuck-away rotisserie kit
- Porcelain enameled steel, cast aluminum and stainless steel construction
- On knob piezoelectric igniters for individual burner ignition and handle mounted LED grill light
- Made in the USA by Weber-Stephen Products Company
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates and "flavorizer" bars
- Made in the United States by Weber
Guide Review - Weber Summit E-450
The Summit line of gas grills represents the best of what Weber has to offer. This, the smallest and least expensive of the Summit line, is an attractive and capable gas grill. What you get for around $1,500USD is a four burner, 48,800 BTU gas grill with a side burner and rear mounted rotisserie burner (not infrared). Weber makes grills that produce great heat, for less fuel and provide a professional level of evenness in cooking. This unit will do pretty much everything you would want a gas grill to do from searing a steak to indirectly cooking a turkey.
This grill features a tuck-away rotisserie motor and cabinet space for the rod and forks, putting the rotisserie right where you need it.
Construction of this grill is excellent. Avoiding lots of stainless steel (except where it really counts), this grill is large made from cast aluminum and porcelain enameled steel. Superior materials and welding make this a great grill that will last for many years.
This unit comes with a handle mounted, battery powered grill light that I find to be more gimmick that practical. If you want a light that will tell you where the chops are, this will do the job. If you need a light that will show you the color of shrimp you might find it a little hard to see. I cute feature, and the only real gimmick to this grill.
All in all this is a great grill. Even people who don't like Weber as a company have trouble complaining about this one. If you are serious about grilling and want a grill that will last you a long time, then this is the unit for you.
While you pay for the Weber name, they are the only company that will give you 24/7 support 364 days a years. They also have a great reputation for service. This grill is also available in natural gas.