The Bottom Line
- Solid construction with high quality materials
- Excellent cooking abilities
- Full function grill
- Excellent grease management system
- Limited side table space
- Expensive for an "entry level grill"
- Three 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 424 square inches of primary cooking area with 611 square inches of total cooking area
- 36,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 304 stainless steel construction, porcelain enameled steel, and cast aluminum
- Cross over piezoelectric ignition
- Stamped stainless steel cooking grates and stainless steel "flavorizer" barrier
- Solid welded frame gives it a very stable feel that many gas grills lack
- 24/7 Weber support (they can even answer grilling questions)
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
Guide Review - Weber Spirit SP-320 Gas Grill
In the early days (the 1980's) of the Weber gas grill the spirit line was their smallest and least expensive grill. In 2007 Weber restored the Spirit line as its entry level gas grill. In 2008 Weber introduced this "improved" version with more stainless steel, a side burner and a larger price tag. At around $550USD this is an expensive "entry level" grill that is targeted for the person who wants Weber quality but can't afford the more expensive Genesis or Summit gas grills.
The Weber Spirit SP-320 has three 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners under two stainless steel cooking grates. The grease management system of this grill reduces flare-ups and the firebox design gives you a very even heat (though they it tends to be a little hotter on the left side). Ignition is from a push button, pizo electric igniter which shouldn't clog anytime soon.
This model includes a 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover. With the control valves on the right side table and the side burner on the left you might have trouble finding a place to put down a plate but other than that this is an excellently designed gas grill.
This grill offers great cooking abilities in a basic gas grill for the person who wants a reliable and easy to use grill and is willing to pay for more than the mass-market grills that are quickly filling the landfills.