The Bottom Line
- Solid construction with good quality materials
- Reliable, even heating
- A good grilling grill with side burner
- Built to last
- Limited work space
- Lower quality stainless steel side tables and front panel
- Three 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 424 square inches of primary cooking area with 536 square inches of total cooking area
- 36,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain enameled steel, cast aluminum, and stainless steel construction
- Crossover piezoelectric ignition
- Porcelain enameled flavorizer bars (grill barrier) with porcelain coated welded steel cooking grates
- Hood mounted thermometer
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Built in China by Weber-Stephen Products Company
Guide Review - Weber Spirit E-320 Black
In the early days (the 1980's) of the Weber gas grill the spirit line was their smallest and least expensive grill. With the 2007 model year, Weber as restored this line and now redesigned for 2009. The new spirit is made in China so that Weber could control the price though this grill lists for around $650USD (you can find it for as little as $550USD). You will be able to find this grill virtually everywhere.
The Weber Spirit E-320 has three 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners under two porcelain coated steel cooking grates and a 12,000 BTU side burner. The grease management system of this grill reduces flare-ups and the firebox design gives you a very even heat (though it tends to be a little hotter on the left side). Ignition is from a push button, piezo electric igniter which shouldn't clog anytime soon.
This is a great, basic grill with side burner. If you are serious about grilling food and don't need a lot of extras this is the grill you should buy. The one draw back I have with this grill is the limited work space. With the control valves on the right side table and the side burner in the left table you don't have a lot of space to put down a plate, let alone prepare a meal.
Largely constructed from porcelain coated steel this grill does have stainless steel side tables, though not made of the best quality stainless. The internal components are all of the best quality and built to last.
Weber ranks amongst the best grills on the market and you pay for that quality and the 24/7 support. This is a basic grill will give you dependable performance for many years to come and with a good warranty you'll be able to keep it fixed up and working like new long than most grill last.