The Bottom Line
- Even, high heat from 6 stainless steel burners
- Quality construction for efficient heat output and durability
- Loaded with features
- Strong Warranty and support from Weber
- Handle lights are weak
- Smoker box and rotisserie burner reduces cooking space
- Four 12,200 BTU 304 stainless steel tubular burners
- 468 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 580 square inches
- 48,800 BTU output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 10,600 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with tuck-away rotisserie kit
- 10,600 BTU internal standard sear booster burner
- 6,800 BTU internal smoker burner
- Porcelain enameled steel, cast aluminum, and stainless steel construction
- On knob piezoelectric igniters for individual burner ignition, lit control panel, and handle mounted LED grill light
- Made in the United States by the Weber-Stephen Products Company
Guide Review - Weber Summit E-670
This grill features a tuck-away rotisserie motor and cabinet space for the rod and forks, making rotisserie cooking about as convenient as possible. The 10,600 BTU rear mounted infrared burner actually radiates at downward angle. This helps keep it clean while providing even heating.
The 10,600 BTU sear burner is mounted in the center of the grill. Basically this standard burner acts as a booster to heat up the middle of the grill to extremely high temperatures. This gives you space to sear a couple of steaks while still having room finish off the steaks at a lower temperature.
The 6,800BTU smoker burner is built into the right side of the grill. The dedicated smoker box has a large enough capacity to produce smoke for several hours and the the burner configuration allows you to do low and slow smoke cooking on this grill in a highly controlled way. While I wouldn't say that this will give you true barbecue it will do some serious smoke cooking.
Construction of this grill is excellent. Avoiding lots of stainless steel (except where it really counts), this grill is large made from cast aluminum and porcelain enameled steel. Superior materials and welding make this a great grill that will last for many years.
This unit comes with a handle mounted, battery powered grill light that I find to be more gimmick that practical. If you want a light that will tell you where the chops are, this will do the job. If you need a light that will show you the color of shrimp you might find it a little hard to see. I cute feature, and the only real gimmick to this grill.
All in all this is a great grill. Even people who don't like Weber as a company have trouble complaining about this one. If you are serious about grilling and want a grill that will last you a long time, then this is the unit for you.
While you pay for the Weber name, they are the only company that will give you 24/7 support 364 days a years. They also have a great reputation for service. This grill is also available in natural gas.