The Bottom Line
- Solid construction with good quality materials
- Reliable, even heating
- Attractive, stainless steel design
- Limited work space
- Lower quality stainless steel side tables and front panel
- Limited work space
- Three 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 424 square inches of primary cooking area with 536 square inches of total cooking area
- 36,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Stainless steel cooking grates
- Cast aluminum and stainless steel (both 304 and 430) construction
- Crossover piezoelectric ignition
- Enclosed cabinet with internal propane tank storage
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Built in China by Weber-Stephen Products Company
Guide Review - Weber Spirit SP-310 Gas Grill - Discontinued
This is the deluxe version of the Weber Spirit Grill line. The Spirit grills were designed by Weber to be a more affordable alternative to the Genesis Grills. To achieve this goal, Weber made the Spirit grills smaller and made them in China. The trouble with this grill is that it is only $150USD less that the equally featured Weber Genesis E-310. The Genesis is going to give you a better design, larger cooking area, and better construction. On the other hand if this is what you can afford then you shouldn't have any trouble with this grill.
This is a basic 3-burner gas grill. The three burners produce 36,000 BTUs under 424 square inches. Weber's efficient design means this grill can heat up quickly and to high temperatures even if the power appears a little low. This grills other features are, well, stainless steel. Where the other grills in the spirit line (the Weber Spirit E-310 and Weber Spirit E-320) have black enameled bodies, this one is coated in stainless steel.
I know that stainless steel is pretty, but the issue I have with this grill is the pricing. For the same price you can get the Spirit E-320 which gives you everything this grill has, without the stainless, plus a 12,000 BTU side burner. If you want a Weber and can't afford the Genesis, then I suggest not buying this grill. Look instead at the Spirit E-320 or E-310 (which doesn't have a side burner).