The Bottom Line
In the past few years grill manufacturers have notice that more and more people no longer have the luxury of a large yard. To address this growing need, most makers have introduced a small, 2-burner grill with fold down side tables so it will take up less space while still providing the owner with a full sized grill experience. Now, for 2013, Weber has redesigned the Spirit E-210 with a front control panel and those fold down tables. This is a no frills, 2-burner grill that gives a full grill experience for a small space.
- Fold down side tables for smaller footprint
- Quality construction
- Lower grades of stainless steel throughout
- Comes with no extras - this is a very simple grill
- Two 13,250 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 360 square inches of primary cooking area with 450 square inches of total cooking area
- 26,500 BTUs from the main burners
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electric (AA-Battery) cross over ignition
- Porcelain enameled steel, stainless steel (400 series) and cast aluminum construction
- Fold down side tables
- Hood mounted thermometer and propane tank gauge
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Built in China by Weber-Stephen Products Company
Guide Review - Weber Spirit E-210
Newly redesigned for 2013, the Weber Spirit line has followed the popular Genesis line and turned its control valves to the front, clearing the right side table of knobs. This makes for a more standard grill, but loses the one feature that truly made Weber Grills unique. The Spirit E-210 is the smallest and least expensive of all Weber full sized grills. Designed with fold down tables, this "little" grill is perfect for small spaces like balconies, where gas grills are legal.
Aside from the small footprint, this is a very basic 2-burner gas grill. It offers very little in the way of bells and whistles. The 2 burners generate 26,500 BTUs of heat under 360 square inches of porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates. This is not a powerful grill and preheat times are long. However, the grates hold a lot of heat and allow for good heat transfer. This grill will do a good job of grilling a steak or burgers. The temperature range is wide so low temperature cooking is very good. The 2-burner design gives enough space to indirectly cook a whole chicken or a roast, but the capacity is limited. Of course, anyone looking to buy a grill this size isn't looking for a large cooking area.
The construction is good. Weber abandoned higher quality stainless steel in favor of price control, so this doesn't have the durability of Webers of the past, but it is still a well made grill. The majority of the body is enameled steel, something Weber is very good at and I would recommend this black grill over the more expensive stainless steel body paneled Spirit S-210.