The Bottom Line
- Efficient heat design for high temperatures and fuel savings
- Solid construction of durable parts
- Weber Support
- Low grades of stainless steel throughout
- Slow preheat times
- Three 12,666 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 507 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 637 square inches
- 38,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Push button electric (AA-battery) ignition
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Constructed of cast aluminum, enameled steel and stainless steel (400 series stainless)
- Enclosed cabinet with internal propane tank storage and propane fuel gauge
- Dual layer hood with double vaporization system for heat retention
- Made in the USA by the Weber-Stephen Products Company
Guide Review - Weber Genesis E-320 Gas Grill
Of course, if you are reading this you are not interested in what the Genesis used to be, but what it is now. Put simply this grill is one of the most efficient standard gas grills on the market as well as one of the best built. For the price there really isn't a better grill on the market, and while this is a basic, no frills gas grill it does what you want, it grills hot and fast, while giving you the ability to do low, indirect grilling.
To really understand the Genesis grill you need to look inside the firebox. The three burners put out only 38,000 BTUs under 507 square inches of cooking space or about 75 BTUs per square inch. While this is low when compared to other gas grills, the efficient design holds in heat. The problem is, while this grill can hold in heat, without the extra power it takes lover to heat up. So, you will be able to do some serious grilling it will take you longer to get there. Plan on some extra preheat times.
What really makes the Weber Genesis E-320 stand out is its quality. The attention to detail that takes 3 years to change the burner design can be seen in every part of this grill. This means that everything on this grill works (they actually fire up every grill before it is packaged), and since there is a 10 year warranty on virtually everything in this grill you can rely on it to last for at least a decade and I would believe longer.
This model includes a 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover on the right side table.