These turkey breasts get marinated in Southwestern flavors and then grilled hot and fast. Remember that when using a marinade as a baste you have to stop basting a few minutes before you remove the turkey from the grill.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 pounds/900 g boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 2 cups/475 mL diced plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup/120 mL chopped onion
- 1/3 cup/80 mL lime juice
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL minced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL olive oil
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
With a meat mallet, flatten turkey breast to about 1 inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in a shallow baking dish. Combine lime juice and olive oil and pour over turkey, coating evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours, turning occasionally. Combine tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper and vinegar. Cover and chill. Preheat grill. Place turkey on grill for about 5-7 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with remaining marinade. Remove when done and cut into thin slices. Serve with salsa.