Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 skinless turkey breast (3 to 3 1/2 pounds/1.4 to 1.6 kg)
- 1 cup/240 mL apricot nectar
- 6 large plums, peeled and diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced with the seeds removed
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 1/4 cup/60 mL green onions, minced
- 1/4 cup/60 mL fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
Combine apricot nectar, olive oil, soy sauce, and black pepper. Place turkey breast in a resealable bag. Cover with all but 3/4 of a cup(180 mL) of marinade mixture. Turn to coat. Place both the bag and the 3/4 cup of marinade (covered) in the refrigerator and let sit overnight. Preheat grill and prepare for indirect grilling. Remove turkey breast from marinade and discard the marinade. Place turkey breast on grill and cook indirectly for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Breast will be done when it reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees F. (80 degrees C.) Baste occasionally with the 3/4 cup of marinade you saved.
Meanwhile combine the plums with peppers, onions, cilantro and brown sugar. Serve with turkey breast.