The Bottom Line
- Wide top pot makes overflows virtually impossible
- Stable, wide leg stand reduces tip over risk
- Complete Turkey Fryer kit with everything included but the oil
- Relative lightweight stock pot construction with pop rivets
- Comes in a stainless steel and brushed aluminum version
- Large capacity stock pot with large overflow space at the top
- Stable three leg wide stance stand with high power propane burner
- Spigot type drain in the bottom
- Includes turkey fryer stand with hook, fryer basket, lid, injector syringe and thermometer
Guide Review - Saf-T-Fryer Turkey Fryer
We've probably all heard the horror stories associated with deep fried turkey. This process is considered so dangerous that no turkey fryer has received an UL stamp of approval. Fire Marshall's loathe them and hospitals fear them, but you can't deny the great taste of a deep fried turkey. You also can't deny that being able to cook a 20-pound turkey in 60 minutes is very cool.
This complete fryer kit was built with all the risks in mind. To prevent the unit from being tipped over, the Saf-T-Fryer has an extra wide three legged design. To keep the frying pot on the burner this unit has an enclosed cage that makes it hard to take the pot off even when you want to (you need to tip it just right, so there's no removing the pot with oil in it). The cooking pot is design with an extra wide top section that makes it virtually impossible for the unit to boil over (any oil in the top section has a lot more space to move around in and will cool down quickly).
All of these considerations make this one of the safest ways to deep fry anything. When this unit was designed a lot of thought was given to presenting a complete package and this unit does it. For around $120USD you get the pot, fryer stand, burner and hose, poultry rack with hook, fryer basket, thermometer, lid, and marinade injection syringe. This makes this unit a great choice for those interested in frying turkeys.
While this unit makes great improvements in the safety of this turkey frying you still need to follow the instructions to the letter. Never leave a frying turkey unattended. Keep your fryer away from any structure including your deck. Plan out your cooking process completely and keep a fire extinguisher and a phone nearby.