Rib-eye steaks are my favorite. Typically I grill them plain, but the light spice mixture on these adds a rich, deep flavor that makes these quick and easy steaks stand out.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 rib-eye steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 2 1/2 teaspoons/12.5 mL onion powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL chili powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons/12.5 mL sea salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl. Allow steaks to come to room temperature before grilling. Preheat grill for high heat. Apply olive oil to steaks and add rub. Place steaks on grill and cook for 7-10 minutes, turning once. Remove from heat and serve.