The Bottom Line
- Superior airflow design holds even, constant temperatures
- Multiple vents allow you to compensate for wind
- Sealed design lets you shut this smoker down, saving charcoal for next time
- Front access door is a little flimsy
- Two 18.5 inch cooking steel plated grates for a total cooking area of 481 square inches
- One top and three bottom air vents
- Lid mounted thermometer
- Porcelain coated lid, body and water pan
- Full sized cover included
Guide Review - Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 Inch Smoker
One of the things that makes this a great smoker is the durability of the construction. I know people who travel the competition circuit with these smokers and unload, smoke and pack them up once or twice a week and you wouldn't think they had seen any more action than sitting covered on your patio. The porcelain-enamel coating on these units is highly durable and prevents rusting of the heavy gauge steel. This is one smoker that you will use because it is so easy to use and will last because it is so well built.
On the one down side, the front access door is a little flimsy so you should be careful not to bend it out of shape. The upside of this is that you can "custom" fit it so that it holds in the smoke better.
Need something larger? Try the Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5-Inch Smoker. Or maybe something smaller? Try the Weber Smokey Mountain 14.5-Inch Smoker.