The Bottom Line
- Superior Airflow design holds even, constant temperatures
- Multiple vents allow you to compensate for wind and temperature
- Easy access design get you in and out before the temperature drops
- Vents allow you to shut this smoker down completely, saving charcoal for next time
- No temperature guage
- Two 18.5 inch cooking grates, large enough to hold a full brisket with room to spare.
- Top and bottom air vents for superior temperature control.
- Quick and easy set up.
- Heavy steel construction with porcelain coated parts.
- Fire proof, heat resistant handle.
Guide Review - Weber Smokey Mountain
The Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker/Smoker is truly the ultimate inexpensive smoker on the market. Basically it is a standard vertical water smoker, but the design of the fire pan and the top and bottom mounted air vents gives this smoker superior temperature control and the ability to hold an even temperature for many hours. The large smoking areas give you plenty of room to prepare a barbecue feast for a large party. You have room for a 20 pound turkey, a full sized brisket or a large pork shoulder. If you need more than this you'll have to spend a lot more money to get a smoker this easy to use.
At around $200 there are a lot of vertical water smokers out there that cost less, but they simply do not work on the level of this smoker. The Weber, is, well a Weber. It is the best of its type and you will probably save yourself a lot of trouble and discouragement if you just buy this unit instead of wasting your time on lesser smokers that cost less.
The Weber Smokey Mountain has been known to hold steady temperatures for more than 20 hours and has several websites dedicated to it and its uses. The best of these sites is the Virtual Weber Bullet.