The Bottom Line
- Solid construction with 304 stainless where it counts
- Electronic control takes out the guess work
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Efficient grease management system
- Traditionalists might make fun of you
- 756 square inches of total cooking space
- 35 pound capacity
- 304 stainless steel top and interior. Other parts heavy duty black powder coated steel
- 750 watt electric heating element
- Electronic temperature controller with a meat probe
- Easy access smoker box that typically uses large chuck wood blocks
- Mounted on 3-inch casters make it relatively easy to move
- Large capacity, removable, external drip pan
- Cold smoking available with optional cold smoking baffle
Guide Review - Cookshack Super Smoker Essential SM045
While not huge, this smoker is still large enough for most any backyard cookout (can handle around 35 pounds of meat) and gives you the versatility to smoke almost anything. With the addition of the optional cold smoke baffle you can even cold smoke in this unit, giving you the ability to smoke sausage, jerky, cheese or fish.
The electronic control and meat probe means you can put your brisket or whatever in the unit, insert the probe, set the controls and walk away. The timing control system will get your barbecue to your target temperature and then hold it until you are ready to eat. Of course you should be ready to get it out when it is ready but you don't have to worry.
The Smokette has a stainless steel interior and most parts are machine washable so you can easily keep this unit clean. Grease drains from the unit into an easily removable grease tray.
If you want great barbecue, but don't want to bother with wood or charcoal then this really is the perfect unit for you. While there are certainly less expensive units on the market, this one is built to last and Cookshack has one of the best reputations in the industry for service and support.
There are other companies making (or importing) similar smokers, but they lack the quality construction and functionality of this Cookshack smoker.