How Montreal became the king of spice blends is anyone's guess, but spice maker McCormick has been selling these blends for years. There are probably hundred of recipes for this seasoning, but they are all based on the same idea. Heat and flavor without all the floral herbs of many old world blends.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes about 2/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon dill seeds
Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container. Keep in a cool, dark place.