Wayne sent me this delicious recipe for the traditional Australian method for grilling shrimp.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh herbs (parsley, thyme and cilantro)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/2 pounds large to x-large-shrimp, peeled with tails in tact, and deveined
- Spinach leaves
- Lemon slices
Combine first 8 ingredients in large bowl. Mix in shrimp. Marinate at room temperature 1 hour or in the refrigerator 5 hours, stirring occasionally. Prepare barbecue with medium hot coals. Thread shrimp on narrow skewers. Grill until just opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Line platter with spinach. Arrange skewers on platter. Garnish with lemon and serve.