Big Daddy posted this recipe for Cajun Shrimp. While it calls for a broiler you can easily take these tasty shrimp out to the grill.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (Butter is BEST!!)
- 3/4 cup bottled hickory-flavored BBQ sauce (or your own creation!)
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 pounds UNSHELLED medium to large shrimp
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- Cayenne pepper (As much as you can stand)
- Black pepper (As much as you can stand)
- Garlic powder (As much as you can stand)
Turn on broiler and melt butter in a 13x9-inch broiler pan, or other broiler-proof dish. Remove pan from oven and stir in BBQ sauce and lemon juice. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Spread out in pan. Sprinkle cayenne pepper, black pepper and garlic powder GENEROUSLY over the shrimp, remembering that shell is on the shrimp and not all seasoning will be absorbed! Broil shrimp five inches from the heat source for four minutes. Turn shrimp. Add sherry and broil for four minutes longer. Let stand for a few minutes to absorb the spices. Makes 4-6 servings, depending on your "hearty" appetite. I serve it with boiled potatoes in butter and parsley and some other veggie, depending on the season.