Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons mirin (sweet Japanese rice wine), or 3 tablespoons dry Sherry mixed with 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 10 uncooked extra-large shrimp (about 10 ounces), peeled, deveined
- 2 cups thinly sliced bok choy or Napa cabbage
Drain marinade into small saucepan and boil 1 minute. Grill shrimp until just opaque in center, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes.
Divide bok choy between 2 plates and drizzle with some of warm marinade. Top with shrimp. Serve, passing remaining marinade as sauce, if desired.