Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 cups mesquite smoke chips, soaked in water 30 minutes, drained
- 4 1 3/4-pound live lobsters
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno chili
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large papaya, peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 cups mixed baby greens
Arrange lobsters, cut side up, on grill. Cover; grill 6 minutes. Turn lobsters over and grill until just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove lobster meat from shells. Cool. Cut meat into 1/2-inch pieces. Transfer to large bowl.
Whisk oil and next 5 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover lobster and dressing separately; chill. whisk dressing before continuing.)
Add avocados, tomatoes and papaya to lobster in bowl. Pour 1/2-cup dressing over; toss. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss greens in another large bowl with enough remaining dressing to coat.
Divide greens among plates. Spoon lobster mixture on top of greens and serve.