This shrimp recipe is ideal served as an appetizer for any cookout during the season. You can also serve this shrimp in quesadillas, tacos, or on fresh greens.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add shrimp, toss to coat, cover and place in refrigerator for 2-4 hours. Preheat grill for medium heat. Remove shrimp from bowl, reserving marinade. Thread 4-6 shrimp onto each skewer and place on the grill. Cook for about 3 minutes per side, while brushing with reserved marinade. When fully cooked, remove from heat and serve.