If you enjoy shrimp scampi, then this is the grilled shrimp recipe for you. You can serve this dish as part of a main course or serve them as appetizers at your next cookout.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 3 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup butter
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Place shrimp in a large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients. Divide sauce in half. Pour 1/2 of the sauce onto shrimp. Toss to coat, cover, and place in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes. Preheat grill for medium heat. Heat reserved half of the sauce in a pan on low until warm. Put shrimp onto skewers. Try to fit about 5 on each skewer. Place onto grill and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. When shrimp no longer looks translucent, remove from heat, pour heats sauce over top, and serve.