This is a great rub to add heat to whatever you're grilling or smoking. Don't worry too much about the horseradish, the heat is taken out by the cooking process.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 3/4 cup freshly grated horseradish root
- 1/2 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup kosher or canning salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Combine all ingredients and store in an air-tight container and refrigerate.