This wet rub packs a lot of flavor. You can adjust the heat by using either hot, medium or mild chili powder.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Makes about 1/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
Mash garlic and salt together to form a paste. Mix together chili powder, cumin, garlic paste, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, pepper, allspice, and oil. Let this rub sit on meat for 30 minutes to 2 hours.