This rub has more of a paste consistency. Be sure to mix the ingredients well and to get the rub under the skin as well as placing it on the surface of the turkey.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 6-8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- zest of one orange
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon orange or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Place all ingredients in food processor container and process until blended. If not using right away, place in airtight container and refrigerate. If you are going to brine the turkey
first, makes sure you rinse it thoroughly, then apply the rub, getting it under the skin as much as possible.