If you are interested in turning corned beef into pastrami
this is the rub for you. Make sure it is rubbed into the meat really well before you place the beef into the smoker.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon white peppercorns
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
Combine coriander seeds, peppercorns and mustard seeds in a spice grinder. Grind coarsely. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Rub is now ready to use. It may be stored, refrigerated in an airtight container.
Get Step by Step instructions for making pastrami.