This spice rub has the great flavor of chipotle peppers. Just make sure that the rub is finely ground before using it.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
- 2 dried chipotle peppers (use 3 to heat it up a little)
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground dry orange peel
Combine all ingredients in a spice mill or blender and grind until even and fine. Store in an airtight jar. Will store for about 6 months in the freezer. Great for brisket, steak, and pork.