This grilled rib recipe combines tangy and minty flavors together. A very refreshing dish to serve up at your next cookout.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 12 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 6 pounds pork back ribs
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more if needed)
In a medium saucepan, combine cornstarch, brown sugar, mint and salt. Slowly add orange and lime juices and stir until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in lime and lemon peel. Preheat grill and prepare for indirect grilling. Place ribs on grill over direct heat for one minute per side. Move to indirectly heated area. Keep the grill temperature around 300 degrees F. Brush sauce on one side, close grill lid and cook for 20 minutes. Turn ribs and coat other side with sauce and continue grilling for 30 minutes. Reserve the remaining sauce to serve with the ribs.