If you love garlic, then here is a prime rib recipe for you to try. Get the garlic, herbs, and olive oil mixed into an even paste to release the flavors.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 10 to 12
- 1 8-pound/3.6 kg prime rib
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL olive oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL dill seeds
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
Using a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle, come all herbs, salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil. The mixture should resemble a paste. Slather seasonings onto rib roast. Allow roast to sit for 20 minutes with seasonings on. Meanwhile, preheat grill for medium-high heat. Place roast onto grill rack, close lid, and allow to cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until internal temperatures reach 140-145 degrees F. (60 -63 degrees C.). Be sure to use a drip pan. Remove from heat, let sit for 15 minutes, and slice.