The Bottom Line
- Highly portable and easy to store
- Low cost gas portable
- All parts store inside and locks closed
- Thin construction
- Low heat output
- Uses 14 ounce disposable propane bottle
- 19 pounds total weight
- 173 square inches of total cooking area
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel burner
- Largely sheet metal construction
- Heated components (grate and shield) are porcelain coated.
Guide Review - The Tool Box Grill Pro
The two drawbacks of this grill is its lightweight materials and problems of low and uneven heating. As for the thin metals used in the body of the unit all you need do is take care of it and it will be fine. As for the heating problems if you are prepared for them and can deal with it, then it isn't serious. If you are not an attentive griller then you probably should consider buying a different portable.
This unit uses the 14 ounce disposable propane bottles, not the standard 1-pound "camping" bottle. You find these in the tool section of your local hardware store, not typically with camping equipment.
While this unit has its limitations it isn't a bad value for the price. If you can or don't want to spend more on a portable gas grill then this one is a good choice.