The Bottom Line
- Durable construction
- Grills like a full sized grill
- High quality stainless steel burner
- Pretty expensive for a portable grill
- Heavy for the size
- 189 square inch porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate
- 8,500 BTU tubular stainless steel burner
- Push button piezoelectric ignition
- Wide temperature control valve
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate
- Cast Aluminum lid and body
- Two folding side work tables
- Weighs about 31 pounds
- Uses 14.1 or 16.4 ounce disposable propane bottles
Guide Review - Weber Q-120 Portable Gas Grill - Discontinued
Originally labeled the "Baby-Q" this small member of the Q family is a excellently constructed little gas grill that gives you plenty of space and power for the size. What makes the Q grill work is the construction. With a cast aluminum body that holds in heat and a heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate to transfer heat to the food this grill cooks like a full sized unit in a portable size. The 189 square inches of cooking space is large enough to grill several steaks at once so you won't have to grill in shifts.
Great attention to detail has been paid on this grill. In fact Weber spent 5 years developing this line of portable grills. All in all if you are willing to pay the nearly $200 price tag for this portable you're going to get a really good grill and at the rate they are selling, I think this is going to be a product that will be around for a while.
Because of the construction this is a heavy little grill. While not suited for being carried long distances this is a perfect grill for trips to the beach or park. It is also a great grill for apartment dwellers who want a real gas grill but just don't have the space for one.