The Bottom Line
- Fully functional grill and cooler
- Large open grilling and griddle surfaces
- Can be adapted to standard 20 pound propane tanks
- Hard to light in windy conditions
- At 66 pounds you're limited where you can take it
- 312 square inches of total cooking space (192 inch open grill, 120 inch griddle)
- Both open and griddle cooking surfaces
- Built in 10 gallon Thermos cooler
- Pop up grill reaches standard gas grill cooking height
- Stainless Steel burners
- Built-in level to help you get it set right
- Teflon coated cooking surfaces
- Grill unit is detachable and has fold out legs of its own
Guide Review - Fire and Ice Thermos Grill by Char-Broil
If you are looking for a portable gas grill that will do basically everything, then you should look at this unit. You get everything including a bottle opener. This portable has an open grilling area for authentic grill flavor and a griddle area for cooking breakfast or any other small thing. And, of course it has a 10 gallon cooler on the bottom. The cooler acts as a base giving the unit more stability. The large cooking surface gives you the ability to cook a lot of food for a portable grill.
On the down side the grill can be difficult to light, especially if the wind is blowing. An electronic igniter would be nice. Also, at more then 66 pounds empty this isn't the kind of portable you'd want to have take far. The wheels make it easy to move as long as you have a reasonably smooth surface to travel over. This is a great portable for camping, tailgating or taking to the park. You won't be taking it hiking though. I have heard complaints about the paint peeling so make sure you keep this unit protected as much as possible.
The grilling performance of the unit is pretty good for a portable. The heat is even and high enough for most tasks. You won't get a great sear, but you won't have trouble cooking. The adapter for full sized propane tanks is nice as well if you plan on using it a lot. At the size of the unit the small 1 pound disposable propane bottles won't last too long.