The Bottom Line
- Large cooking area for a portable grill
- Full open gas grilling gets you as closes as possible to real grilling
- Standard 14.1 ounce fuel tank connection
- At nearly $200 it is one of the more expensive portables
- Several available accessories
- 280 square inch porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate
- 12,000 BTU tubular stainless steel burner
- Push Button ignition
- Large hood promises to make room for a whole chicken
- Cast Aluminum lid and body
- Two side work tables
- Table top size with optional full size stand
- Weighs about 42 pounds
- Available conversion for full sized propane tanks
Guide Review - Weber Q 220 Portable Gas Grill
Weber spent some time developing this unit and has been very actively promoting it. They seem to be more proud of the appearance than they are of the capabilities. But the capabilities are pretty impressive, especially in the options package. You can get a full size stand for this unit that brings it up to full grill height. They also offer a refillable propane tank conversion so you can run it on full size propane tanks instead of the smaller disposable bottles.
All in all if one are willing to pay the nearly $200 price tag for this portable you're going to get a really good grill and at the rate they are selling, I think this is going to be a product that will be around for a while.
This is not a good portable grill to carry long distances. At 42 pounds it is pretty heavy. Add fuel, tools and food and you won't want to take this far, but if you want really grilling over gas in a unit that fits in most any car trunk then this is the perfect unit for you.