The Bottom Line
- A good grill for apartment dwellers
- Full open gas grilling gets you as closes as possible to real grilling
- Good design lets you grill directly and indirectly
- Portable design in an unportable size and weight
- At well over $300 this is a basic grill with limited feature and function
- 393 square inch porcelain coated cast iron cooking grate.
- 21,700 BTUs from two tubular stainless steel burners
- Push Button piezoelectric ignition
- Large hood promises to make room for a whole chicken or large roasts
- Cast Aluminum lid and body
- Two side work tables
- Full sized stand included
- Weights in at 83 pounds. This includes the grill, stand, hose and regulator
- Includes hose and regulator for 20 pound propane tank
- Made in the USA by the Weber-Stephen Products Company
Guide Review - Weber Q 300
While not strictly a portable, this grill is a great compromise between a large full feature grill and a traditional portable, making it perfect for apartment dwellers. The two burner design gives you indirect cooking abilities. One burner runs around the edges of the grilling area, while the other cuts through the middle. This gives the grill the power it needs to heat 393 square inches of cooking area hot enough to grill steaks, while giving you a lot more versatility in your grilling.
For the price the construction of this Weber is good. The straight forward design is a model of simplicity and the grill doesn't rely on lots of extras. This is a basic unit grill, perfect for someone who wants to grill small items in a small place.
The Weber Q 300 has a suggested retail price of $449USD but can be typically found for about $100USD less.