The Bottom Line
- Small and lightweight portable gas grill
- Durable porcelain coated steel construction
- Heats quickly
- At $70USD it is much more expensive than its knockoffs
- Ignitor is prone to failure
- 160 square inches of grilling space
- 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burner
- Push button piezoelectric ignition
- Porcelain coated steel construction
- Plated Steel wire cooking grate
- 14.5 pounds without propane bottle
- Uses standard one pound disposable propane bottles
- Table top design with two folding legs
- Folds up for one handed, tool box style carry
- Made in the United States by Weber-Stephen Products Company
Guide Review - Weber Propane Gas Go Anywhere Portable Grill Model# 1141001
As far as basic goes, this is about as simple a gas grill as you can make. The single, straight, tubular burner pumps out 10,000 BTUs from a disposable 1-pound propane bottle. The porcelain enameled "flavorizer" heat tent spreads out the heat under the lightweight steel wire cooking grate. Yes, not sophisticated, and at around $70USD this isn't the cheapest portable on the market, but it is reliable (almost) and durable. If you are a heavy griller who likes to hit the road you will be happy to buy another on of these in 5 years or so.
Okay, I said almost above. The ignitor is a basic push button piezoelectric unit that can fail after time, leaving you to use a match to light the burner. Not a problem if you are not expecting perfection.
This is a perfect little portable for tailgating or the college kid who wants a grill.