This recipe works great because you mix together the sauce, drain off the liquid to use as the marinade and then top the grilled chops with what's left.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 1-inch thick pork chops
- 3/4 pound/340 g plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup/180 mL red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup/60 mL red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine everything but the pork chops in a bowl. Let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes to mix the flavors. Preheat grill. Drain the liquid from the tomato mixture and pour over pork chops. Set tomato mixture in the refrigerator covered. Let them sit in liquid for about 15 minutes. Remove pork chops from liquid and discard liquid. Place chops on grill and cook for about 6 minutes per side or until done. Place pork chops on plates and spoon tomato mixture over top. Serve.