One thing that really makes this Satay recipe stand out is the peanut butter. The nutty flavor mixed with the mild smokiness of the soy sauce and the sweet brown sugar, combines well to form delicious morsels perfect for get togethers.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 pound/450 g boneless pork loin
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup/120 mL onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon/30 mL lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL brown sugar
- 1 dash Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL vegetable oil
Cut pork into 1/2" cubes. Place remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until evenly mixed. Marinate pork in this mixture for several hours to overnight. Thread pork on skewers and grill over hot coals for eight to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until done. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for one hour to prevent burning.