In my opinion, the turkey should flavor the stuffing and not the other way around. This simple stuffing recipe has what you need to make a great stuffing that gets more than it gives.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 cup/240 mL plain bread crumbs
- 1 large onion coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small apple pealed, cored and chopped
- 2 leaves fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL thyme
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Pin the turkey neck closed and stuff. Seal opening with a dry roll or bread heel. Always wash your hands and everything that has been in contact with you hands (and the turkey) after you've handled raw turkey.