Roger Bell sent me this marinade recipe that uses the power of bourbon to tenderize meat as well as add flavor. Be careful when this hits the grill, it might flare-up for a few seconds as the alcohol burns off.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes about 2 1/4 cups
- 1 cup of reduced sodium or regular soy sauce
- 1 cup of Heaven Hill bourbon (or other cheap brand) Note: The better bourbons do not work with this recipe.
- 1 level tablespoon dry powdered ginger
- 1 level tablespoon dry powdered mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Mix well and marinate meat at least 6 hours.