Add a Moroccan flavor to anything you grill with this great, but simple marinade. Allow meat to marinate for about 6 hours, poultry and fish should marinate for 2 hours.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup of finely diced onion
- juice of 2 lemons
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons crumbled bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
Combine all ingredients. Mix well and store, refrigerated, in an airtight container.