The great thing about using yogurt in your marinade is that it's thickness holds the seasonings to the meat. This allows you to keep the marinade on even when it hits the grill. This is a great marinade for shish kebabs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely (2 tablespoons dried)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped finely (2 tablespoons dried)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon style mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped finely (1 tablespoons dried)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped finely (1 tablespoons dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. A great marinade for lamb and shish kebabs.