A great steak doesn't need any help. A not so great steak does. If you are grilling a steak that isn't the most tender then this classic steak marinade is perfect.
Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup/180 mL
- 1/4 cup/60 mL cooking oil (see note below)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried thyme
Combine all ingredients and mix well. See Marinating Beef
to get the right time for your steak.
Note: You need an oil with a high Smoke Point so choose a refined oil, extra light olive oil, or avocado oil.