This is a wonderful Mediterranean rotisserie lamb dish. Serve up with yogurt dressing and pita bread or with grilled potatoes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 leg of lamb, about 4 pounds
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Trim off extra fat and make diagonal slits on both sides of lamb. Combine marinade ingredients (it is very thick) in small mixing bowl and spread over lamb. Make sure marinade is applied to the diagonal slits. Reserve some marinade for basting. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat grill and skewer lamb securely on rotisserie rod. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours over low heat. Baste with remaining marinade every 15 minutes. When finished, remove leg of lamb from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.