These burger patties are filled with a lot flavor then topped off with sautéed onions. This recipe really makes a great burger!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup extra fine bread crumbs
Combine all of the above ingredients. Shape into 4 large patties and refrigerate for one hour. Meanwhile take 2 onions sliced, and cook in cast iron skillet with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil until brown. Keep warm. To prepare grill, lightly grease rack and heat until medium high temperature is achieved. Place patties on grill and cover, cooking for 5 minutes on each side. 4 sesame buns, toasted, place patty on bottom of each bun, liberally top with onion relish.