The Bottom Line
- High even heat output from 52,000 BTUs
- Linear flow control values give you great control
- Full feature grill
- Primitive Design
- Thin cast aluminum body
- 52,000 BTU Dual-H stainless steel main burner
- 460 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 610 square inches
- Quick and Easy Assembly
- Heavy stainless steel cooking grate
- Stainless Steel "Flav-R-Wave" vaporization barrier
- Linear control valves provide a high level of burner control
- Built in thermometer
- Electronic ignition
- 15,000 BTU rear mounted rotisserie burner
- 10,000 BTU side burner
Guide Review - Broil-Mate Reddi-Bilt Texan Model #8789 Gas Grill
Not the most modern looking of grills but with the high heat capability of this grill and the wide range of heat control that the linear flow valves give you this grill is great at grilling. The porcelain coated vaporization barriers are built to last and the durable construction and high quality stainless steel dual burner will make this grill last a long time. The heavy stainless steel cooking grate gives excellent contact heat. At 52,000 BTUs this grill has a lot of power for it's 460 square inches of primary cooking area.
This grill has the same grilling characteristics of the more expensive Broil King grills. This model has a full rotisserie system with rear mounted rotisserie burner and side burner. The warranty on this grill is also great and Broil Mate (a division of Onward Manufacturing) has a great reputation for service. Made in Canada this grill is typically available through specialty retailers.
Cast aluminum body is durable but thin and lightweight, though it should hold it's appearance for many years if you keep it clean and keep it covered. Standard cart configuration with two side tables. What this grill delivers is great grilling abilities at a very reasonable price.