The Bottom Line
- High quality stainless steel burners
- Even, versatile heating
- Heavy porcelain coated cooking grates
- Quality construction
- Limited feature grill
- Three 14,500 BTU stainless steel burners
- 450 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 694 square inches
- 42,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Features Napoleon's unique burner configuration that maximizes direct and indirect grilling
- Optional side burner available, either standard or infrared
- Heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates with stainless steel vaporization barrier
- Cast aluminum body and stainless steel construction
- Battery (AA) electric igniters
- Propane tank, cover and side burner sold separately
- Made in Canada by Napoleon Grills
Guide Review - Napoleon Prestige P450 Gas Grill
This basic, three burner gas grill cooks exceptionally well. The burner arrangement on this Napoleon grill separates direct grilling from indirect. There is a back running burner that lets you create a ring of heat for indirect grilling at low and high temperatures. In fact this grill is designed to do high temperature indirect grilling that is perfect for roasting. Flip on the center burner and you have high, direct heat over the entire surface of the grill. Add in the heavy porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates and you get a grill that can put on a good sear.
While a basic unit, you can add an optional side burner on to this grill, either standard or infrared. The standard side burner is perfect for pots and pans, while the infrared side burner is better and intense searing. Since this grill gets hot enough for most grilling I suggest adding in the standard side burner (provided you do this type of cooking on your grill). If, however, you are interested mostly in high temperature searing of steaks then the infrared side burner might be better. If you have no need for either of these, then leave out the side burner and save yourself some money.
Napoleon makes excellent grills and provides great support and warranties. This is a grill you really won't have to worry about and should last you many years provided you take care of your investment and keep it clean and covered.