The Bottom Line
- Durable and stable construction
- Backed by Weber with full 24/7 support
- Thin materials can make it a little fragile
- Limited features
- Limited distribution
- Three 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 418 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 550 square inches
- 36,000 BTU output from the main burners
- Battery powered electric igniters
- Porcelain enameled steel cooking grates
- Hood mounted thermometer
- Porcelain coated and painted steel construction
- Propane tank and cover not included
- Made in China by the Weber-Stephen Products Co.
Guide Review - Ducane Affinity 3100 Black Gas Grill - Discontinued
It seems that every year gas grills either get more expensive, or they lose something in quality. For 2009 Weber, has removed most all of the stainless steel body parts and some of the extras from its Ducane line of gas grills. This helps to keep the price the same, but gives you less to play with.
The Ducane Affinity 3100 is a basic grill. If you want a basic grill then this is a good unit for you to look at. While a little thin on materials this is a good grill for around $350USD.
You will still get full support from Weber for this grill and my understand is that parts and accessories for these units were ready to ship before the grills were. The warranty is good, so hang on to your paperwork. Despite support and warranties though, I would strongly recommend the cover for this unit.
This line of Ducane grills is available through some Ace Hardware stores and of outlets. See Ducane's website to find a dealer near you.