The Bottom Line
- Solid construction with high quality materials
- A good grilling grill
- Built to last
- Limited work space
- Comes with no extras - this is a very simple grill
- Three 12,000 BTU Stainless Steel burners
- 424 square inches of primary cooking area with 611 square inches of total cooking area
- 36,000 BTUs from the main burners
- Porcelain enameled steel, cast aluminum and 304 stainless steel construction
- Cross over piezoelectric ignition
- Porcelain enameled flavorizer bars greatly reduce flare-ups
- 24/7 Weber support (they can even answer grilling questions)
- Solid welded frame gives it a very stable feel that many gas grills lack
Guide Review - Weber Spirit E-310 Gas Grill
In the early days (the 1980's) of the Weber gas grill the spirit line was their smallest and least expensive grill. With the 2007 model year, Weber as restored this line. The new spirit is made in China so that Weber could actually reduce the price (last years equivalent model ran around $550USD). You will be able to find this grill virtually everywhere.
The Weber Spirit E-310 has three 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners under two porcelain coated steel cooking grates. The grease management system of this grill reduces flare-ups and the firebox design gives you a very even heat (though they it tends to be a little hotter on the left side). Ignition is from a push button, pizo electric igniter which shouldn't clog anytime soon.
This is a great, no frills grill. If you are serious about grilling food and don't need a lot of extras this is the grill you should buy. The one draw back I have with this grill is the limited work space. With the control valves on the right side table you don't have a lot of space to put down a plate, let alone prepare a meal.