The Bottom Line
- One of the best grills for the price
- Good cooking abilities and heat output
- Wide body design for stability
- All parts made under one roof. The only grill that can say that.
- You get what you pay for
- Low quality components including burners
- Rust potental on steel frame parts
- Prone to flare-ups
- Two 20,000 BTU Stainless Steel burners
- 400 square inches of primary cooking area plus an additional warming rack
- Easy, no tools required assembly
- 10,000 BTU side burner standard on most models
- "Smart-Bar" grease vaporizer barrier similar to Weber's
- Auto-ignite system build directly into control knobs
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates may require a little care but hold heat
- Cast Aluminum Body
- Good Warranty
Guide Review - Fiesta Optima Gas Grill Review
The Fiesta Optima, Fiesta's full functional grill, is designed to compete with brands like Char-Broil, only they build a better grill. By consolidating manufacturing under one roof they can produce a great grill with high quality components for a reasonable price.
The high BTU output (40,000) on this grill provides good high temperatures that will allow you to do a wide variety of grilling. This unit gets hot enough to sear a steak and can still grill indirectly at low temperatures.
Fiesta has managed to put together a grill with enough quality to make it last and perform well while still being able to hold down prices. If you don't want to spend a lot on a grill but still want a good one then you should really take the time to find this model.
With a price tag around $200, this certainly outclasses many of the low end grills from Char-Broil (who also makes the low end Kenmore and Thermos Grills). While the internal parts might seem to just be sitting there, they are of good construction so they will last much longer than many components in other low end grills.
The biggest problem with this grill is the flare-ups. This unit doesn't drain grease well so it tends to pool in the bottom of the grill leading to flare-ups and fires. You will need to keep it clean to prevent this.